August 22, 2007

New Shoes

A co-worker of mine has been known in the office for his bright green shoes. I’ve gotten so used to him wearing these shoes that I even, at times, associate the color green with him.

Recently, he was in need of a new pair of shoes and was unable to find the green shoes. He has instead opted for blue shoes and I'm having a hard time getting used to them. It doesn’t help that they are an electric blue and parts of them are shiny.
When a few of us stepped out to lunch Tuesday I mentioned that I’m having a hard time getting used to his shoes. He said he’s noticed they are distracting to people probably due to how shiny they are. Just the other day he was in his Father’s office and was introduced to one of his Father’s co-workers. The man kept looking down at his shoes and he said he felt like telling him, “Hey Man! My face is up here.”

Welcome to my world!”