April 3, 2007

The Cherry Blossoms are killing the Tourists Brain Cells!


I just don’t get it. Do they go brain dead when they are on vacation? Does D.C cause them to loose their manners?

DC is hard enough to get around then the Cherry Blossoms bloom and the tourists arrive in droves. Lawd help us! They cross the street even though the sign is blinking DO NOT WALK. Some are at times RUNNING down the street. HURRY HURRY you might miss the Cherry Blossoms!

Then there are the drivers. They have the cab drivers stop in the middle of the road so they can gawk without having to deal with all the people. Then I almost got hit when a tourist didn’t like the price for the parking lot and she immediately went in reverse without looking. I laid on my horn and I’m not a honker but finally got out of my way and was leaving. I paid for my parking and I was instructed to pull around and park in this one spot. On my way to the spot and the same woman took it because she changed her mind and NOW wanted to park there.

It wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t working on site and begged my Project Manager to let us all work elsewhere for the next two weeks.

On top of all this I had an eye appointment this morning. Come to find out someone cancelled me in their system which delayed everything. I only got glasses a few years ago and it’s primarily for reading and the computer. I don’t wear them all the time but I don’t leave home without them anymore. Years ago I quit smoking and was excited about using smaller purses since I wouldn’t be carrying cigarettes. Now I have glasses to carry around, ugh.

They dilated my eyes, which is just the most fun thing ever (note the sarcasm). Then I drove through DC’s awful traffic. I couldn’t take any unfamiliar alternate routes since I couldn’t read the street signs so I had to stay on course. Then I hit the Tidal Basin and the brain dead tourists. Oye!

When the woman almost hit me my red headed top was ready to blow a gasket. Now I’m afraid of driving through the psycho tourists as I leave. I can’t even enjoy a beer tonight because I have class, which I have high hopes for. Last week was a bit difficult.

Tomorrow definitely has a beer in my future and even better is Thursday. If I can just make it to Thursday it will all be fine.

Mini Red is at her Dad’s all week and I miss her but this is my chance to finally get to Fadó’s on a Thursday night to see Scythian. I will definitely have a beer that night!

Oh and if you are looking for the schedule for the Cherry Blossom Festival... You won't find it here so look elsewhere.