January 26, 2007

Things aren’t always as they seem


I’ve come across several blogs in the last week that mentioned men’s dress shirts and in particular women in men’s dress shirts. Yes I think it can be sexy but I have to say that a man in a dress shirt can look pretty hot. Don’t get me wrong I believe a flannel shirt and jeans on a man are hot too, especially, if the jeans fit just right in the rear.

So last night I had this dream about a dude who took his white dress shirt off and his back was covered in tattoos. It was like this other side of him was hidden beneath that dress shirt. I couldn’t help but think this was a dude who is a professional but when he is away from his office he’s his own person and he can shake off that skin, that’s his work, and just be him.

Isn’t this what most of us strive for? I think this is in all of us and no matter what you think you see in a person underneath there is something completely different when you peel those layers away.

I have a tattoo on the inside of my ankle. I didn’t want a girlie flower or anything and I couldn’t even tell you what the symbol represents. I can, however, tell you that for me it represents that nothing is as it seems and don’t judge a book by it cover. When winter is over and my pants get shorter and shorter the tattoo gets noticed and those who hadn’t seen it before are surprised. I guess they wouldn’t expect me to have a tattoo. You just never know what you’ll get when you peel away the layers.