December 24, 2006

It just don't get no better than this...


I am happier than I've been in a long time. This past month has been difficult with my Aunt being in the hospital, me being sick, Mini Red's issues and getting ready for the holidays.

Today is Christmas Eve and all is done and ready, which makes me very happy.

Tonight is the BIG Christmas Eve Party and this year it's at my parent’s house. I arrived early today to help and Mom was ecstatic at all the help and was ready extra early this year so she is happy. If Mom ain't happy... no one's happy.

I ran home to chill a bit and get ready when my sister called. Our regularly scheduled Santa can't arrive til 10 pm or later and that is too late. Last year a friend of mine brought the Fire Department with Santa riding with them, and three trucks, it caused a ruckus in the neighborhood and everyone was out of their homes wondering what was going on. So the Fam wants me to contact my friend and try getting the Fire Department to bring Santa by again. Well, my friend has moved to Chicago and I can't reach him so I called the Fire House myself. They remembered us from last year but maybe it was because we dragged them in and sent them home with tons of food. I'm told they are busy tonight but they are gonna try and make it by.

The best part of this, for me, is not only how tickled the kids will be but my Dad will be tickled and bragging that I got Santa to come by… and on the Fire Trucks no less.

We are waiting for everyone to arrive and the anticipation of the evening and tomorrow's events is what has me just so damn happy. Mini Red is tired of me hugging her but I think she glad to see me happy for the first time in a long time.

Dad is hollering, "The first one's are here!"

I guess I gotta go.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

-Red