November 15, 2006

The Kiss

I recently found the soundtrack to The Last of The Mohicans on iTunes. I was listening to it as I worked yesterday and was just amazed. I burned it to disc so I could listen to it in the car on the way home. I figured with the sound system in my car it could be even more amazing and submerse my whole self into it.

I had no idea it would turn into this amazing experience. Once I got to "The Kiss", by Trevor Jones, I was driving along the Potomac towards Memorial Bridge as the sun was going down. It was a beautiful site the way the light was reflecting on The Potomac with the Memorial Bridge and Monuments in the background. I had chills and my eyes were welling up. I had to listen to this song again and turn it up louder this time and it brought me into my own world of no crazy traffic and everything flowed. My rear view mirror would shake I had it so loud but again it was an amazingly beautiful sound that again gave me chills and welled up my eyes.

I couldn't get enough of this song but knew I couldn't play it again that loud as I drove down Connecticut Ave. The rest of the soundtrack needed to be heard and it lived up to my expectations.

I couldn't wait for Mini Red to hear this. I knew she would love it too if for nothing else than the violin. Maybe it could inspire her? I didn't get to play it for her until we were leaving her swim practice and as "The Kiss" was hitting its climatic part I noticed the memorial on the side of the road for the twelve-year-old boy who had been killed the day before. You can't help but think of your own child when a tragedy such as this happens. This was too much emotion but I couldn't turn off the music. By the time we got home I was exhausted.

I highly recommend this soundtrack or at least "The Kiss".



It'll get ya.