October 23, 2006

Odd boys are coming out of the woodwork today

My cell rings and I answered without looking… Oh Shit! It's Gingivitis Kiss and he tells me he's in town later this week and can we meet up. I said, "Oh… I'm not sure. I'll have to let you know". So we chit-chat about work and another call is coming in. I tell him I have to get this other call. Phew, saved!

When I answer I'm surprised to hear its Shorty! WTF!?!? I haven't talked to him in almost two years. The last time I saw him was after some emails about how he's been evaluating his life, thinking about me and something about settling down? So he joins me at an office Happy Hour and we leave and things happen and he says maybe we can see each other once a month. WTF?!?! I said, "No we've been down that road before. This was a mistake and never call me again." I guess this translates as, "Call me in two years" in boy speak? So today he calls to see how I am and thank me for the references I have given him now that he has started his own company. There was awkward chit-chat and he says he will call again soon. I'm not holding my breath.

I get off the phone and log into my email to find an email from The Brit! WTF?!?! Something about his new image and yadda yadda something about being punk. There's a photo attached and I'm nervous to look but I slowly scrolled down and over. The first thing I see is a t-shirt that says "CHICKS HATE ME!" I scrolled up a bit to see he has green hair. I nearly fell outta my chair I was laughing so hard.

For a chick that hasn't had a date in quite some time I find it interesting that I'm contacted by three of these duds, I mean dudes, in all of 10 minutes. Is there a full moon tonight?