October 28, 2006

Fan-Fucking-Tastic Friday

My life has been very stressful lately. I know with each thing that nothing will fix any of it within a day. So last Sunday I was hit with more crap from my ex. I refused to let it ruin our day at the orchard.

On top of that my attorney has turned out to be such a pessimist and she is causing a large amount of my stress. By mid week I think the stress and exhaustion just blew and I felt good for the first time in a long time. Yes you read that right I felt good. I decided to start looking for a new attorney but even better... I had some good tunes thanks to DJ Quicksilver, at WPGC, and my booty was shaking all the way home from work the past few days. Music and shakin yo booty is always a nice boost. More dancing to come Saturday when a group of us head downtown. I can't wait!

Today (Friday) my attorney called me and said she learned a lot this week. This meant she was wrong with her previous information but would never explicitly admit it. What she told me was Fucking Fabulous and I feel so validated in this path I have taken. I could feel the stress lifting off my shoulders.

My fan-fucking-tastic mood tended to resonate through the office. This was elevated when I shared what I found on Kathryn's blog. Scissor Sisters has a site to offer us regular people a chance to dance in the limelight. This caused hysterical laughter throughout the office.

On top of that my co-worker, Google Boy, took me to lunch. He has been dying for Thai and offered on Monday but I was so stressed I couldn't hardly eat. He knows I've been cutting back, to save money, and haven't gone out for lunch in quite sometime. He said he would keep the offer on the table and mentioned it again today. Three of us went for Thai and we had a blast and I even have leftovers for the weekend. WAHOO! Thanks for lunch Google Boy, you’re a Peach!

It may have been a rainy miserable looking today but for me it I couldn't have asked for a better day. I guess patience pays off.