September 21, 2006

Is it Fall yet?

As we walked outside this morning Mini Red exclaimed "Mommy It's Winter! I can see my breath!" I said, "It's not Winter yet but Fall is definitely coming in."

Ahh Fall. I'm looking forward to it. Last October I went to California for the first time, on business. I hadn't realized what perfect weather they have. If I lived there I would definitely own a convertible, how could you not? But this morning, for the first time I realized how much I love the change of seasons and always looking forward to the next.

Halloween is coming and I can't wait to take Mini Red to the Pumpkin Patch and maybe we'll make it to Punkin Chunkin this year. As the weather gets colder the turtle necks come out and the big blankets and this means cozying up on the couch with Mini Red.

We caught the end of the show Dirty Jobs the other night. At the end the host, Mike Rowe, steps outside the building where he's been working to say a few words. When he did it was snowing! I couldn't help but yearn for it.

It's hard to say what my favorite season is. I love the snow in the Winter, the weather warming up in the Spring, the beach in the Summer and the cooling off on the Fall.

What's your favorite season?